The LWVBC generally holds two community events each year, one in the fall and one in the spring. At each event, we cover a topic of interest to the community at large. Throughout the year, we support or participate in events that inform and educate the public on government issues that affect our citizens' lives. Below are some of the events promoted or supported by the LWVBC:
- Panel discussion "Health Care Issues in Blount County"
- Program "Listening to the Experiences of Latin Americans in East TN"
- Forum for State Primary Election at the Blount Co. Library
- Environmental Forum "The Importance of Moving a Clean Energy Agenda to Solve Global Warming at the State and Federal Level"
- Judiciary Panel-LWVBC invited a panel of judges to discuss "Elections of Appellate Judges: The Tennessee Court System"
- LWVBC wrote and published an inclusive and informative brochure: "Guide to Voting in Blount County"
- LWVBC worked with The Daily Times and Blount Today to prepare candidate surveys before the 2010 election. The candidates responses were published in The Daily Times
- LWVBC provided links on its website to provide citizens with both relevant voting information and the candidates' survey responses.
- Voter registration training by the Blount County Election Commission staff
- Voter registration drives at various BC high schools, Foothills Mall, various churches, Pellissippi State, Blount, and Maryville College
- Forum "Affordable Care Act and How it will Affect Us in Tennessee"
- Fall Voter Registration drives at the Maryville College Campus and at Pellissippi State Campus, Blount
- Forum "The State of Voting Rights in TN" Our speakers were Rep. Ramsey, Dr. Frances Henderson from Maryville College and Libby Breeding, Blount County Commissioner of Elections
- Meet and Greet for Blount County citizens to meet and listen to candidates running for our county commission.
- Voter Registration at Pellissippi State College-Blount County Campus
- Forum on Amendment 2 to the State Constitution concerning the selection of appellate and supreme court justices.
- Voter Registration at Maryville College and Pellissippi State College-Blount County Campus
- Fall Forum "The State of Our Children and Gaps in Social Services"
- Voter Registration at Blount County Public Library
Voter Registration at Blount County Library